Sunday, August 02, 2009

COACH BRANDT'S RANTS

As I walk around town I get people stopping me now asking me about CrossFit; Great I love that, keep it coming! I also get to hear peoples stories of how they lost 50lbs on the "I just put my body through hell, my hormones are now thrashed and for some reason I can't sleep, soup diet!". I also get to hear injury stories and when they thought they were their fittest; Cool!
You know what I listen to everything they say, I nod my head in agreement, why? because I have been there searching for what is going to help me get in shape the quickest, cheapest easiest way possible. THIS IS WHERE I WENT WRONG! BIG TIME!

The one statement I hear is "CrossFit is too expensive". It drives me crazy when I hear this!
I have seen and herd it all, nothing surprises me, but this statement pisses me off!

It kills me inside that there are so many people out there that pay a gym membership that can buy you a Costco roll of toilet paper, and they expect to learn and get fit from this! WHAT!
While these people will pay $8 for a fancy coffee, $70 for a new shirt, $500 for a bullshit University class taught by a teacher who could care less and $12 for a fitness magazine to curb a craving to sweat. I will not even talk about how much MONEY people pay to keep their car running, but don’t put that into their body? What the hell gets you around day in and day out? YOUR BODY!
OR you could watch Soap reruns & sports highlights on the treadmill at your local globo gym, later copying that guy or girl who are doing cool exercises, chit chatting between sets that do not reward rest, while complaining to the staff that the TV is on the wrong channel and there are no towels, then calling that your workout!??? HEY YOU ARE WAISTING YOUR MONEY!

I have been on this path to quick and lazy fitness, it does not work!!!! The effort you put in is what you will get out. Quick and easy = PROBLEMS remember this!!!

At CrossFit I teach you how to attain your INNER ATHLETE! We all have one inside of us. It works with and is similar to your ‘Inner Voice’. To find it, you have to play like a kid again, have fun, move your body, build positive inner energy, pushing out the negative, compete with yourself daily, sweat and use the help of others who are on your path. (those people you train with now are defiantly on your same path watching TV on the treadmil. That is exactly what you will get out of it: Master TV Watching Walker)
You need to challenge yourself daily, I teach this by programming the workouts daily to be constantly varied functional movements done at high intensity. While doing this programming you get Personal training daily, learning all movements/exercises needed to perform the workout efficiently and safely.
Do you get this at your gym? DAILY?
Do you have others keeping you motivated before, during and after your workouts, sweating right along with you, ON YOUR SAME PATH?
All you have to do is "walk through that door" our coaching staff will do the rest!

I will stop here, I feel like a friggen infomercial! I hate that!
Remember I have been down that quick and easy path to vanity fitness, it does not work at all. Now I train my body and mind to be healthy, to be able to handle challenges thrown at me in any situation. I am focused on training my Inner Athlete and finding balance, looking good is the bonus I receive for my efforts :-)
Check out this video:

No comments: