Friday, August 14, 2009

Coach Brandt's Rants

Got back late last night after attending the CF Level 2 cert at CFC HQ. I went down with Katrina as we and other fellow CrossFitters and training partners were the test subjects for the Level 2 Coaches. I wanted to be a test subject first before I take the Level 2 for a few reasons.
1.) get a feel of what this course is like for free
2.) help out my fellow training partners by being a test subject
3.) receive input on basic fundamentals from other coaches styles
4.) learn how the CFHQ instructors run level 2 and what they are looking for
5.) be better prepared for my level 2
6.) get to hang out and learn from some talented people
7.) work on the fundamental movements
I am a huge believer in always practicing your Fundamental movements as they are your foundation to improvement and a balanced body. I still to this day practice my Air Squat, Press, Deadlift, Push Press, Push Jerk, SumoDeadlift High Pull, Med Ball Clean....I could go on and on, these movements are essential for improvement. I see a lot of trainers out there and even some CrossFit Level 1 trainers start throwing all the latest exercise movements at their clients who still cannot even Air Squat without butt winking so bad that they could pick up a quarter off the ground..(but hey try this, I read it in "Gullible Fitness"). The level 2 certification really hits home on why you need the Fundamental Movements. Hell I was a test subject and probably did 500 MedBall Cleans and 500 Air Squats along with other exercises in 5 hours of movement coaching and I got critiqued on FORM and TECHNIQUE to improve my foundation, my body! If I was a client (and I am) I would choose a coach who always develops the fundamental movements, be it in warm-up, workout or cool down.....this coach knows what it takes to help build balanced healthy moving bodies for the LONG HAUL and not for the "Quick Fat Vanity Fix".

No comments: