Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Little POSE to start the day

PRE:
45min of POSE running and running drills.
+
A.) Complete Rep Rounds for time UNBROKEN of:
30 Double Unders
30-20-10 Thursters 65#
+
B.) Row 5000m

My Results

PRE: POSE technique will be fun to practice. I took my nasty runners off and did this outside on the pavement with socks on and now I have two huge holes on the balls of both socks. This is a good sign!


A.) TIME = 9:40 Thrusters are feeling a smidge better, took my shoes off for 20-10 and they felt way better. Double unders are cake. I could have pushed way harder in this, but still have no umpfh for my workouts. Training alone kind-of sucks sometimes. ah poor me! Suck it up Sally!
+
I rowed 1k before workout A, after workout A I rowed 5000m because we are in the Concept 2 Rowing Challenge and I want 100,000 meters rowed. So I will be rowing everyday.

I got a PT from David, one of our CFLA Coaches on POSE technique. This was my first lesson in POSE Running and I can already feel a difference.
As you look at my old running stride in video 1, I have a muted hip, back leg is extending long, foot landing way infront of body and you can hear my feet slap the ground.
In POSE video 2, my hips are up, my back leg are not fully extending using a ton of glutes, instead pull the leg up with hamstrings, my foot is landing under my body and my feet are not as loud. That beep you hear in the background in the cadence timer I am running to.
What do you think? I like it! Thank you david!



No comments: