Thursday, September 24, 2009

HERO WOD "MURPH"

Complete for time:
1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run
* Wear a 20# weight vest

My Results

TIME = 41:09 with a 20# weight vest on

I partitioned the reps CINDY style:
5 Pull-ups / 10 Push-ups / 15 Squats for 20 Rounds
I am happy to say NO RIPS!
Took a while to warm up my hips: 3000m row and 45min warm-up helped out :-)

I have to admit that I have been scared of "Murph" for a long time now. The other day I said I did not think I would ever attempt Murph or was even ready for that Hero WOD......then I thought back to a time when I first started training at OPT with James FitzGerald and I said to him I was scared to do Fran because of the Thrusters. Well at OPT the printer is in the other room and from that printer comes James programing for you that day.....as I waited, chatting with some new friends the printer begins to make a noise and the whole room goes quiet waiting to see what workout they are going to do. My buddy Fitzy, James younger brother yells out "ACTION, your doing FRAN"......I grinned ear to ear and new James was helping me attack and overcome my fears. This is WHY I chose to attack "Murph" today!

No comments: