Monday, May 25, 2009

LACTATE RUN TRAINING

The top of my NASTY HILL!

this is the spot my legs and butt were on friggen fire and also where things felt slow motion with all my effort.











WODs
Run 400 m x 3 @ 75% warm up, practice POSE, rest 1 min b/t sets
+
Find the nastiest hill
Run up it for 45 sec as fast as you can - think power and drive
Walk down - 3 minutes, 15 seconds rest repeat this 6 times
+
2 min after you have completed the last set including the 3:15 rest sprint run for 5 min on a somewhat flat surface - think finish line when gassed

WOD Results:
45sec Hill Sprints
1.) 156 BPM
2.) 160
3.) 168
4.) 164
5.) 168
6.) 168

5min Sprint
1.) 174 BPM
My legsand butt were on fire! Almost funny that I was trying to run so fast but was really in slow motion going up hill (kind of like those bad dreams when you can't run away fast enough, yelling at your legs RUN!)
5min run for me started slow but finished on a faster note. Leaning more forward and letting my heals rise to my butt using minimal effort. POSE technique is hard to grasp when fatigue sets in, but the last 2min I was really letting it go and running actually felt good!





No comments: