Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Mark "E" Mark


Mark is a dual client of Mike FitzGerald's and mine. Mark started training with Mike aka Fitzy at OPT in Calgary in May 2008. Mark started his training at 328lbs with Mike. After a few months of conditioning at OPT Mark was off to university in Lethbridge were it was my turn to take over Mark's programming. I worked with Mark on goal setting and Zone nutrition increasing his nutritional knowledge base, helping him attain his future goals. In the time we spent together Mark lost 40lbs by the time school was over, then he was back to Calgary for the summer and more training at OPT with Coach Fitzy.
The summer was finished and I kept hearing about how well Mark had done from all the staff at OPT. I got the good news Mark was in UofL again and I would be taking over Mike's programming for Mark for the school year, I was ecstatic "I love this kid!"

Mark and I booked our first session and I couldn't wait to see his progress over the summer.
I sat and waited for Mark to arrive when this slim good looking guy starts walking up to me with a huge smile on his face; it was Mark. He looked amazing and half the size I last saw him! Mark told me he was down another 50lbs over the summer for a grand total of 90lbs lost! WOW!
Mark and I have now been hitting it hard for a month now and he is down another 12 more pounds for a 106lb lost! Plus the kid can rock out Push-ups, Burpees and starting Band Pull-ups! Goals getting accomplished all over the place!

Mark I am super proud of you buddy and I can speak for the staff at OPT that they are really proud of you as well "you earned that OPT hoddie and CrossFit Lethbridge shirt"! Your an inspiration to a lot of people pal, keep up the fantastic work and spread your new knowledge. Way to take control of your life!
Fitzy and OPT staff great job!

1 comment:

Katrina Burton said...

Very inspiring Mark!
Haven't had the chance to see you since you've been back for school this year, but it looks like you are doing amazing. Chad talks about how well you are doing with your training after each time he works with you. Keep it up!!