Monday, June 15, 2009

ARE YOU READY?

This week is ACTION Challenge Prep week. I made up a 4 Workout individual Challenge for all of my clients to help them prepare. The workouts are for everyone, competing or not.

**If you follow this blog you are more than welcome to post your scores here and I will post them in my gym and on my www.crossfitlethbridge.ca web-site

I composed this challenge based on weaknesses my clients have along with some strengths to keep the intensity high keeping in mind the overall goal of increasing confidence for what is to come. Remember CrossFitters need to be good at anything thrown at them; like my coach said to me "good at all, master of none, this makes a well rounded CrossFitter".
This is one of my many goals for my clients, to be well rounded or to have balance. In turn this balance will creep positively into their lives pushing out the ego who always wants to finish first, and enjoying the fact that you are really frigging fit and life is great!!!

Below are the WODs I am having my clients do: Plus I joined in as well :-)
WORKOUTS

Monday WOD #1
As many rounds in 20min
10 WBS (W14)(M20)
20 Double Unders
10 SDLHP (W55)(M75)

ROUNDS = 14 + 20 reps (1st place)

Tuesday WOD #2
Complete for Time
50 KBS (W35)(M55)
30 Push-up Burpees
20 Box Jumps (W14")M20")

TIME = 3:05 Wanted sub 3min and I had it but box jumps were getting below standard for the event so I slowed it down. (1st place)

Wednesday: Recovery day
Recover your body
Stretch & roll at gym

Thursday WOD #3
3 X 400m Sprints
all for Total Time
Rest 3min B/t sets

Times: 1:05 / 1:07 / 1:13 = 3:25 (tied 4th place)

Friday WOD #4
As many reps as possible in 3min
Over Head Squat
Reps x weight = score

57 X 95lbs = 5415 points

SCORING SYSTEM:
1st = 100 points
2nd = 95
3rd = 90
4th = 89
5th = 88 and so on

No comments: