Sunday, March 07, 2010

Sunday Homework: Diamond Delts!

Just finished my homework for Sunday; when I say homework I mean "train the sh#! you need work on....or the stuff you really hate". For me that is the dreaded handstand push-up!
Since I live with Canada's #1 Gymnastic CrossFit Instructor Katrina "Black Kat" Burton, I thought I would ask for a little help :-)

Here was my Sunday WOD:
Warm-up Complex: 5sets x 5reps: rest 1min after last exercise
Press
Back Squat
Push Press
Front Squat
Thruster
I worked up to a 95#
+
A1.) Squat clean; 5sets x 5reps; rest 0 (135#)
A2.) 10 Strict Pull-ups anyway; rest 1min
+
B.) HSPU; 5sets x AMRAP; rest 2min;
Katrina's way (shoulder width grip, thumbs on outside edge of shoulders, not touching, hands slightly turned out to the sides) REPS = 5/3/3/3/6* = the last set we decided to go back to the way I have been doing HSPU which is a fairly wide stance.
* I will for sure be doing my HSPU homework from Black Kat, I want to rock the gymnastic super strength shoulders.

No comments: