Saturday, December 05, 2009

WINTER WHITE OUT!

The weather has hit Lethbridge right in the nards! It is absolute craziness!

Well I am at week 6 of 12, the half way point in my programming. My programming is about inceasing my weaknesses and testing a CF Met-Con workout.

Is it hard to program yourself?.....oh yes because you can take the easy way out every time! One of the ways I choose to make this not happen is to keep solid stats so the next time I have the knowledge to hit the right intesity.

I have improved in all my stats & Named CF Met-Cons and I pretty stoked about that! Now comes phase two, more big lifts and Oly lifts (YES!)

How am I marking my progress? How do YOU mark your progess?
*I am keeping rep stats on my relative strength work which all have improved big time
(e.g strict pull-ups, push-ups, lunges)
*I am keeping notes on workout stamina, post recovery, loads lifted, flexibility improvements (e.g. I use the yoga block in many of my movements & now have either rotated the block from tall to sideways or taken it out completely).
*I have also been monitoring nutrition, body weight and tape measurements. (e.g I started day 1 weighing in at 189# and today my half-way point I am 181#)

I have focused my training to many movements that are specific to my needs/goals as you have seen in my past posts ( the key here is specificity).
Some of my goals are in general terms: What are YOUR Training goals?

Increased Flexibility (yoga and stretching)
Mental Clarity (yoga and meditation)
Isometric Strength (muscle tension without movement)
Increased anterior/posterior strength (think bridging, KBS, pull-throughs, hip thrusts)
Dynamic & Speed Strength (muscle tension & joint speed. plyometrics, creativity in exercises)
Relative Strength (move your body weight)

When you put this all together, SPECIFIC FUNCTIONALITY is the outcome.
Is your Program tailored to YOUR needs/goals?
If NOT I can help you out with this :-) email me at: brandtster@hotmail.com

For the next 6 weeks I am placing in an Olympic Lifting Day and small Met-Con workout post oly lift. The Met-Con will involve a couplet of one Relative Strength skill (e.g. burpees) and the Oly lift I am training that day (e.g. Snatch).

Check out this wicked video! The Human Body is absolutely amazing! I love the quotes in this vid!

No comments: