Monday, December 14, 2009

Back from Cow Town

I was up in Calgary for my Coach's 101 Nutrition class this past weekend and got to hang out with my Coach and many of us original OPT Big Dawgs. Later that night all of Big Dawgs got to hang out and watch Mir clobber Congo and Sanchez get his head beat in by Penn so bad he looked like a Klingon from Star Trek! A great day and great night; thanks Coach, Big Dawgs and Sweeny for hosting the fights, the awesome food, the great advice, plus letting me get lost in your Lake Louis Hotel for a house (beautiful house!).

Back to the 101 Nutrition:
Coach FitzGerald's years of empirical data on his clients regarding their lifestyle variables, training and nutrition can be summed up in three words "Get Dialed In!".
OPT's "Mastering Food" Levels really hit home to me and my fitness/nutritional journey to become the best super human I can be! I can honestly say that I have been through all the Mastering Levels Coach FitzGerald talked about and then repeated a few levels along the way to getting back to the top.
Everyone has a journey and it is all about dialing it in, you have to go on the journey to understand what works for YOU and what doesn't work for YOU.
As in Level 4: Embody it, Live it! "I know that when I eat this, I feel like this".
There are a ton of people out in the world who read Fitness mags or eves drop on who is eating what and they lost 12lbs!! Who gives a pshi%! You need to be "Aware of it" "know what your putting into your body, why, and what is the outcome". Not because she did he did! We are all different when it comes to what we need, where we need to start and what foods will work.
You need to get dialed in people! That is why I believe everyone needs a Coach....hell I have one and I am a Coach; it works wonders:-)

My ACTION tip of the Day:

Keep a FOOD JOURNAL ;-)
In this food journal write down what you eat, the time you ate it, and the most important part how you FELT after and at specific times of the day that are giving you trouble (e.g falling alseep in the afternoon). This Empirical Data you take on yourself, your significant other or your kids is very important: you can find out food allergies, intolerances and Irritants. This is step ONE to getting DIALED IN. Lets start it up:-)

Here is a little bit of what I do in my Food Journal:

*I put little happy faces beside the meals that give me energy, make me perform great in workouts and make me more hormonally stable (no mood swings) :-)
* I put sad faces by the meals that make me fall asleep after :-(
* I put a open mouth face by the meals that make me FART, or get the RUNS :-O
* I put a tongue out face for the BAD MOOD SWING meals :-P

I did the CF WOD CHRISTINE today:

3 Rounds for Time:
500m Row
12 BWT Deadlifts (I am 182lbs today)

21 Box Jumps (20" Box)

TIME = 8:23 PB Sweet! Next goal is 8:14 possible sub 8 if I can keep my rowing steady.
OLD TIME = 8:48

No comments: