Monday, December 07, 2009

-28 GET LOST


Picture of my client Glen and myself going over his Clean & Jerk on video. Glen you are looken fit these days brother! Keep up the fantastic work!
FILTHY 50
50 Box 20"
50 Jumping Pull-ups
50 KBS 1pd/1.5pd
50 Walking Lunges
50 K2E
50 Push Press 45#
50 Back Extentions
50 WBS 20/14#
50 Burpees
50 Double Unders
TIME = 17:58PB
My headache just went away. Again hit the wall on 'bum-bada-bum....Wall ball shots and Burpees! First time I have ever hit 50 DU's inder huge fatigue. I know I can knock off more time on that brutal couplet section!

Decided to jump in with three of my clients Todd, Andrea and Neena at 12pm because I missed my morning workout. Not my original plan for the morning, but got a swet workout in!

Way to push the intestiy this moring you guys! You all chose the right reps.
Speaking of the RIGHT reps and PROPER INTENSITY.
I was talking with my client Andrea after the workout about reps/required and intensity....think of it this way; if your top athletes in your gym are doing some low times for a specific workout, and your time is double that, then alter the required reps to match the intensity it takes to get those top times :-) Put it this way, top athletes have to work hard to get their times, their heart rates are high, lactate threshold is high and they have little rest without form breaks. All this equals the Proper hormonal release and positively more effective than work done over 30min with a sustained heart rate and lower intensity not improving your lactate threshold. So it is good to alter your reps to find the proper Intensity as this will pay off vegas style in the future!
If any of you out there are training the next few days, choose one of your larger named WOD times, now look at the top athletes male & female in your gym or other gyms; analyse the two times taking off the appropriate reps needed to hit those top athlete times! Your goal now is to friggen "bring it" with some serious intensity. No need to hit required reps to improve if your not ready for those reps:-) This is the path I chose and it helped me :-)

If you guys have questions or want some help email me: brandtster@hotmail.com

No comments: