Wednesday, January 13, 2010

TRAINING

Worked out at the YMCA with my client RDR today. This was a test for RDR being his first ever Big Dawg WOD....he desirves it after all the hard work he has put in. A little modification for RDR in the Push Press to 85lbs but did everything else as required.

We had a little walk to get to our Burpee and Box Jump section....man did I ever have a good lactic acid headache after this WOD. Nice work today RDR! You have come a hell of a long way in your training :-) I better watch out!

5 sets for total working time:
15 unbroken push press - 95#/65#
10 burpees
25 unbroken box jumps - 20"/14"
rest 2 min

ACTION
1.) 1:26
2.) 1:26
3.) 1:26
4.) 1:30
5.) 1:37

TOTAL 7:25

RDR @ 85#
1.) 1:40

2.) 1:40
3.) 1:50
4.) 1:50
5.) 1:55
TOTAL 9:55

ACTION TIP OF THE DAY:
Come on people you must eat a balanced Breakfast everyday with Protein, CHO & Fat. Starting your day off with a balanced meal will keep you hormonally in check and no afternoon snooze crash or a pot of coffee to get you high! Eat Your Breakfast :-) Fuel your body!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RDR: After 1 year training under Chad I've finally reached a milestone - BIG DAWG WOD. I'm finally getting to a point in my life (almost 30) where I confident about my body and my ability.
I've taken one step at a time over the past year to get where I am today. A summary of my stats for 1 year of training:
- lost 45 pounds
- 10" off my waist
- 4.5" off my thigh
- 1.5" off my calf
- 1" off my bicep
- 8" off my chest
How was this accomplished:
Step 1 - Jan 2009 Started training in group classes with Chad
Step 2 - May 2009 Nutrition class with Chad - design nutrition program from class for myself
Step 3 - Follow nutrition 80% effective
Step 4 - Nov 2009 Get personal training from Chad
Step 5 - Jan 2010 Nutrition consult and programming from Chad

2010 Goal: reduce bodyfat percentage to 10 to 12% (currently 16% Dec 22, 2009)

Deirdre said...

WHUUHOO!! A great big High Five and big ol' sweaty hug foryou RDR!! That is amazing - good on you buddy!!! I have not doubt you'll reach your new goals.