Wednesday, January 27, 2010

MY FAVORITE LIFT "The Snatch"

Came across this video and love the slow motion aspect of it. For all you beginners out there wanting to get better at the oly lifts, take a close look at how the hips are being used in the 2nd pull (when bar moves past knees). Also look at the arms in the 2nd pull....they are long and quiet, not bent and pulling early with the biceps, traps, lats and rear delts.
Finish by watching the great execution of the 3rd pull (pulling the body under the bar). Take some notes. If you have questions send me a comment below (I hope I fixed the way the comments work)

2 comments:

Jimmy Mac said...

It's awesome watching athletes who have their technique down pat and they can lift heavy weight like that. Never thought I would get into Oly lifting, but now that i've tried it i'm hooked bud! I've still got to work on my 2nd pull and focus on not using arms like I have...

New layout to the website also looks great!

Mike said...

Nice vid, Chad! I like the new layout and logo, too!