Monday, January 25, 2010

BACK FROM OPT CHALLENGE #3

Kat and I are back from competing in the OPT Challenge #3 and what a super fun weekend it was! I absolutely love the time I get to spend with all the close friends I have made at these fun competitions. We compete against each other, we push one another in our daily training, we support each other, we complement each others achievements, we coach each others skills for improvement and in the end we all go for dinner as one big family!

My training these days has been fun! So my outlook going into this event was to keep that same feeling, push it hard as always and keep my ears open to those giving advice for future improvement. Again this is my Hobbie and I love seeing myself improve in any area of my training.
I give this advice to all my clients "know where you started, thank yourself after each achievement big or small and always leave the gym with one positive training thought". This is a great way to see success and it will keep your mind and body in balance.
One of the main faults I do see in those starting on their fitness journey (I did this as well) was to achieve a fitness goal, then in one instant bash the sh$% out of it by comparing it to another person's achievement. This will get you on the Roller coaster to "Know Where Fast".
My point being, be grateful for any achievements you make in life and build on them.
Being grateful for your achievements can only lead to a better YOU and the whole purpose in life is to be happy and create the best YOU, YOU can BE :-)

Here are my results that I am super proud of and will love training to improve them :-)
I will post the results when they come up
WOD 1
3 sets of 15 OHS = 131lbs
Good start to the event. I know now that I have more in me for the 15 OHS.

WOD 2
2K Row and AMRAP Double Unders in 10 minutes = 7:30.9 / 147 DU's
I had sub 7min pace going on intil the last 500m then hit a wall. Could have been me over thinking that I still need to stand up and do AMRAP Double unders to finish off the 10min. I had watched the heat before me go and they could not even jump for 30-40sec after getting of the rower! Good times!

WOD 3
50 CTB chin ups
50 push up burpees = 4:54
Pumped about this time. Only stopped once for a quick puke check on the 50 Push-up Burpees.
This gave pretty much every one blood throat and purple lips after it was done!

Here are some pics of the event.
Geoff Aucoin and Mike FitzGerald

DeeJay, Geoff and Coach FitzGerald
Fellow Big Dawg & good friend Rob Corson pushing me hard in WOD3

YIKES! Man those last 5 pull-ups suck! That is my buddy Grant in the back.








No comments: