Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Coach B's Chicken Loaf

I made this last night for Katrina and myself....oh snap was it dam tasty, especially after a great leg workout!

2 3/4 cups Extra lean ground chicken
2 cups Oats (use Quaker quick oats)
1/2 cup egg whites
3.4 oz Mushrooms
3.2 oz onions
1 oz Kale
3 cloves garlic
2 tbsp Otria Roasted red pepper Hummus


Spices I added
- Italian Seasoning
- Sea salt and pepper

I am not a huge fan of Kale, but I do know Kale is a Super Food so I try to sneak it into most of my baked dishes....you cannot even taste it :-)

- Cut up the onions, mushrooms, garlic....weigh them and place into bowl.
- Rip the stems from the Kale, using the outside leaves. Cut up Kale, weigh and place into bowl.
- Add everything into a large bowl and mix it up.
- Spray Pam into a baking dish and place into oven at 400 F
- Cook for 40-45min based on how good your oven is. Test at 35min by placing a tooth pick into the middle of the loaf; if it comes out really wet, it is still raw in the middle.
- Take out the loaf and cut up into 7 individual equal serving sizes

Makes 7 servings at:
243 calories / serving
Protein = 23g
Carbs = 18g
Fat = 8.8g

No comments: